Saturday, September 25, 2010

Josephine Julia Lankford Has Arrived!!

Josephine, or Josie, as we call her, arrived at 7:34 pm on Wednesday, September 22nd. The labor part...going from 2 cm (which is what I was when we got to the hospital) all the way to 10cm wasn't bad at all (whoever invented epidurals should have a spot somewhere in some Hall of Fame somewhere). That part only took 5 and 1/2 hours. The delivery part...well...that was another thing entirely. All in all, 2 hours of pushing and a little extra help from the doctor for a sweet someone who didn't want to make that last little part of her journey into the world.

I'll spare you the details.

But our little Josie is here, all 8 lbs 5 ozs and 20 inches of her. I'll post some pictures soon...right now, I'm just figuring out how to feed her, what I'm supposed to be doing, and how to talk coherently with a little bit of sleep at night. But she's here and she's all ours!

Oh...and the name in case you're curious. Josephine is a name we both really liked. It's definitely recognizable as a name, but unique enough that she probably won't be the 4th Josephine in her school class. And we liked the name Josie, which is what we'll call her. We're not really that big into the meaning of names but as an added bonus, her name means "God will add". And truly, it was only God who could've added to our little family. Julia is because she was named in honor of my grandma, Vienno Julia Peura.

As I type, I'm remembering my grandma and I'm all choked up again. Oh...these blessed hormones or the lack of them now that I'm not pregnant anymore. Whatever it is...pray for Phil. :) He's truly been amazing through all of this. And he is such a natural with Josie. She loves to just lay in his arms and look up at him. I just love it!

3 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you three! Enjoy these moments as they go by so so so fast! :) Congratulations!
    -Clint and Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name! And Josie is just so cute. I always like knowing who, if anyone someone is named after. It makes it that much more special!

    And you know, let me just tell you--you only have to have your first baby once, LOL. I pushed for about an hour and a half with Nathan, and I couldn't sit for weeks. But never again have I felt like that (or pushed like that!) I think it was 20 minutes with the next few, and by the time I got to #7, it was about 5 minutes (3 pushes?). Yay--you did it!! Way to go! And I hope she will be a cooperative baby for you and Phil, as far as eating and sleeping go! : )

    Congratulations again! We are SO excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandra! I'm excited to see a post up from you already!!! Thanks for sharing the little story of her name. I was wondering if there was a family connection somewhere. You're going to be a fantastic momma, even if you are still figuring out how to do all that momma stuff on a couple hours of sleep :)

    ReplyDelete