Sunday, May 23, 2010

Because Wendy Asked Me To

My dear old friend, Wendy, included me on a list of Seven Things on her fabulous blog which I highly recommend. (www.partofmystory.blogspot.com) I tweaked it once I sat down and realized my mind was seriously blanking out. So...if it's okay with you, Schwendy...here goes.

Seven Things I Did Last Week When Visiting Mom and Dad in Ohio

1. ate mom's roast...Mmm...
2. played cards with mom (and then texted my sister with score updates thru-out the evening)
3. celebrated my dad's birthday with the fam and ate my dad's favorite cake...mom's Strawberry Torte Cream cake...oh my word.
4. went to some garage sales with mom
5. took some naps and generally lounged for a few days
6. me and mom met my oldest friend, Melissa and her mom for lunch at Panera
7. watched some hockey with dad

Such a good time with mom and dad. Saw my brother and his family as well when they came over for dad's birthday dinner. The older I get, the more I realize the gift God gave me when he put me in this family. Just love them!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. . . I'm feeling the love, Sandra! So what are the chances of you taking another trip to Ohio next month??? Having lunch at Panera with you and Melissa would be so awesome. Like the old days when we crashed at the Super 8. Glad you had a chance to get back home and see the fam. My mom is on the great cleaning binge of 2010 in preparation for my arrival. I even get a brand new bed this year. Bye, bye, air mattress :)

    ReplyDelete